Principal Accompanist Employment Opportunity
Sacramento, CA USA
Submission Closing Date
August 1, 2021
$25 per hour, approximately 4 hours per week (hours will vary depending on SGMC performance schedule)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
1. Accompany all Chorus rehearsals, including:
● Thursday evening rehearsals, 7-9:30 pm.
● Selected Sunday rehearsals with the small ensemble as needed, 4-6pm.
● 2-4 rehearsals with soloists in preparation for each concert.
● Dress and tech rehearsals.
● Sectionals and retreats as needed.
● Provide accompaniment for solo auditions, approx. 2-4 nights per year.
● Assist in recording rehearsal tracks of accompaniment and vocal parts for each concert.
2. Accompany Chorus performances:
● 4 major concert performances in both December and June.
● 1 Crabaret event on the first Saturday evening in February.
● Outreach performances as needed and when the AD is unavailable.
3. Execute the following duties and expectations:
● Maintain a high degree of initiative, communication, and professionalism.
● Collaborate with the AD to run time-efficient and productive rehearsals.
● Run rehearsals in the event that the AD is absent.
● Aid in maintaining order during rehearsals.
● Attend occasional out-of-town events for SGMC; expenses incurred by employees on official business will be reimbursed as authorized by the Board of Directors.
● Provide 14 days’ notice when there are planned changes in rehearsal schedules, performances dates, and absences.
● Communicate at the earliest opportunity when there are unplanned absences in order to develop a contingency plan with adequate time.
● If an absence requires that a replacement accompanist be secured, work with the AD to find a suitable candidate to fulfill the duties.
● Maintain a high standard of privacy and confidentiality required in all aspects of the work and communications of SGMC and its members.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the AD.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work collaboratively with many individuals and approach opportunities with innovation and creativity. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Excellent sight-reading and piano keyboarding skills.
● Experience with vocal music and singing experience.
● Demonstrate desire and sensitivity to work in diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, gender identity, and religious settings with a commitment to diversity in the workplace.
● Commitment to working in a team environment while meeting deadlines.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
● Flexibility of work schedule.
Information Required to Apply
Please send the below items to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 1, 2021.
● Submit Cover Letter and Resume (or Curriculum Vitae).
● Minimum 3 professional references, current contact information and their relationship to you.
● Optional - submit a video recording of no more than five minutes of a past performance demonstrating your technique and style.
● Additional materials may be requested after initial review.