Have you considered what your legacy will be years from now? It's not an easy question, but it's worth discussing with family and friends as you develop or update your estate plan.
A planned gift is a lasting investment in Sacramento Gay Men’s Chorus. You can impact the future with a planned gift to SGMC, ensuring that we realize our vision of a community where no one is afraid to sing their own song.
There are several ways to plan your giving to SGMC.
SGMC has established two funds with the Sacramento Region Community Foundation. These include an expendable fund and an endowment fund.
• Our Expendable Fund allows SGMC to set aside funds that generate more income than a savings account but leaves the funds available, allowing SGMC to decide when and how much to grant back in case of an urgent need or capital expenditure.
• Our Endowment Fund allows SGMC to set aside funds that are invested in perpetuity. A portion of the balance is granted back each year, providing operating income into the future and creating long-term stability for SGMC.
Naming SGMC as a beneficiary on your retirement account or life insurance policy is a simple and powerful way to support the impact of the chorus without changing your will or living trust. Many consider retirement plan assets among the best to leave to charity because individuals who inherit these usually must pay income tax on them. Beneficiary designation gifts pass directly to SGMC without going through the probate process and go right to work to help us in our mission to foster pride and enhance lives.
How to name SGMC as a beneficiary on your managed retirement accounts:
Ask your retirement plan administrator or financial institution for a change of beneficiary form.
Please list us as:
• Legal Name: Sacramento Men’s Chorus
• Address: 5960 S Land Park Drive, #242, Sacramento, CA 95822
• Federal Tax ID #: 68-0234567
You can easily name SGMC as the beneficiary of any bank account you may have. This includes checking accounts, savings accounts, retirement accounts, mutual fund accounts, CDs, and donor-advised funds. Contact your banking institution and request their "name a beneficiary" form, then list Sacramento Men's Chorus (our legal name) as the beneficiary.
Please let us know when you’ve made a beneficiary designation for SGMC so we can thank you!
For more information on planning your gift to SGMC, please contact Lynda@sacgaymenschorus.org.